From Kirkkoharju observation tower, the landscape opens to the north to Vesijärvi and Sorola manor, to the east over the church tower to Kuohunharju and to the south over Kirkkojärvi to Roine.
The first observation tower of Kirkkoharju was built in 1882. This wooden, shallow tower deteriorated at the beginning of the new century, and it was decided to build a modern and more durable tower on top of it. Heikki Tiitola designed a reinforced concrete tower, which was completed in 1931. The tower represents the style of functionalism.
Next to the observation tower is located Kirkkoharju Café. Kirkkoharju Café offers quality cafe products with beautiful spot.