The parade starts at 2 p.m. at the Hämeenpuisto after which it passes through Puutarhakatu-Aleksis Kiven katu-Keskustori.
Part of the parade are:
- Scout group Kotkien marching band
- Scout group Tampereen Kotkat and Tampereen Lokit
- Santa Claus
- Cabriole / Heidi Sinda
- Rockwood Alpacas
- Tampere’s congregation
- Sambaschool União da Roseira
- Pyrintö Cheerleading
- Kennelliito’s Friend Dogs
- Finlands Karva-Kaverit
- Taikahile: Tuulispää & Hauskis
After the parade there is events at Keskustori and at Joulutori:
- Lighting the Christmas tree lights in the central square
- Music shows on the Christmas Market stage
- Santa Claus can be found at the Christmas Market
- Rockwood Alpacas Suttura- and Nami-alpacas as well as Kennelliito’s Friend Dogs can be scratched next to the Old Church right after the parade.
- The old church and the church chapel are open to visitors.
Tampere Tourist Guides will give free walking tours at 3 p.m., 3.15 p.m. and 3.30 p.m.