Finnish trumpet star Verneri Pohjola has earned a formidable reputation as one of Europe’s most creative and original innovators in Jazz for his commanding sound, expressive tone and rich intensity in his improvisations. With a series of highly successful and praised albums behind him, in 2020 he releases ‘The Dead Don’t Dream’, his fourth album on Edition Records, that sees him incorporate influences of his last three albums into one defined and beautifully crafted album. Featuring Tuomo Prättälä on piano, Antti Lötjönen on bass and Mika Kallio on drums, the band share a deep sense of collaboration and common purpose. They are explorers of sound through Verneri’s captivating and vibrant music, balancing freedom and composition, expression and voice.
If the event is not sold out, there will be student tickets available at the door for 15 € each one hour before the show. Under 18-year-old music lovers are welcome to G Livelab Tampere shows with an adult.
Verneri Pohjola, trumpet, electronics
Tuomo Prättälä, piano, electronics
Antti Lötjönen, bass
Mika Kallio, drums
G LIVELAB TAMPERE – SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
The concert will be held with a small audience capacity, taking into account safety distances. Advance arrangements, safety distances and enhanced hygiene solutions aim to guarantee the safest possible concert experience for customers, musicians and staff. We ask our concert clients to follow our guidelines:
· Admission to the concert is prohibited if you have flu symptoms or are possibly in the infection chain. In case of illness, tickets have a money back quarantee.
· Avoid close contact with others. We guarantee seating for all guests. Places are filled in order of arrival. Our staff will guide you to and from the table.
· Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive and if you use the toilet.
· Please consider others when queuing.
· Please use the table service by ordering drinks and food via G Livelab app. In addition to the application, payment by cards and preferably by contactless payment.
· Do not drink from the same glass or bottle with others.
· In all cleanliness and hygiene, we follow the instructions given by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. We have trained our staff to follow all safety instructions.