Tampere has a wide variety of venues to offer for event organizers. Whether you are organizing a sports event, outdoor festival, concert, congress or trade show, you will find a suitable location in the city.
The choice of venue depends on what kind of event you are organizing and when. Accessibility, target audience and rental costs must also be factored in. If you want to organize your event outdoors, the availability of electricity, water and required infrastructure will also affect the choice of venue.
LARGE MULTI-PURPOSE VENUES
PARKS, SQUARES, STREETS AND OTHER PUBLIC AREAS
These premises are rented out by Kiinteistötoimi (City Property Office): firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 03 565 611. Kiinteistötoimi also rents out marketplace spaces.
Laikunlava Stage is managed by Cultural Affairs Office, see below.
Kuninkaankatu pedestrian zone and the sidewalks of eastern Hämeenkatu are rented out by Tampere Tunnetuksi ry (The Promoting Tampere Association).
Closing off streets and other such areas requires a permit from Katutilavalvonta (City Street Authority): email@example.com, tel. 03 5656 5322.
CITY-OWNED CULTURAL FACILITIES
These premises are rented out by City of Tampere Cultural Affairs.
See also: City Library Metso and other libraries
Tampere City Hall, inquiries: Erika McSherry (firstname.lastname @ tampere.fi)
CITY-OWNED SPORTS VENUES
- Tampere Stadium (aka Ratina stadium)
- Tampere Ice Stadium (aka Hakametsä Ice Stadium)
- Tampere Swimming Center
- Tammelan Stadion (Tammela Soccer Stadium)
- Pyynikin urheilukenttä (Pyynikki Stadium)
- Pyynikin palloiluhalli (Pyynikki Ball Games Centre)
- Nääshalli (Nääshalli Indoor Sports Center)
- Kaupin urheilupuisto (Kauppi Sports Park): soccer, Finnish baseball, tennis, cross-country skiing and running, archery, greyhound track
- Koulukadun tekojäärata (Koulukatu Outdoor Ice Rink)
- Kaukajärven soutu- ja melontastadion (Kaukajärvi Rowing and Canoeing Center)
- Pyynikin uimahalli (Pyynikki Swimming Pool)
- Tesoman palloiluhalli (Tesoma Ball Games Center)
- Hervannan vapaa-aikakeskus (Hervanta Leisure Center)
- Ikurin liikuntahalli (Ikuri Sports Center)
- Kaukajärven vapaa-aikatalo (Kaukajärvi Leisure Center)
These premises are rented out by Tampere City Sports Services.
NOTICE: Iso-Vilunen Skateboard, Bike Trial & BMX Park, beach volleyball courts and disc golf courses are rented out by Kiinteistötoimi (City Property Office), see above.
PRIVATELY OWNED SPORTS VENUES
CHARTER CRUISES, FLOATING RESTAURANTS, HARBOURS AND MARINAS
Harbors and marinas are managed by Satamatoimisto (Harbor Office).
THEATERS, CINEMAS AND CIRCUSES
STUDIO AND PRODUCTION FACILITIES
School facilities are rented out by Perusopetus (Education Unit).
Day care facilities are rented out by Päivähoito (Day Care Unit).
VENUES FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTHS
CHURCHES AND OTHER PAROCHIAL FACILITIES
PALACES AND MANORS
BALLROOMS & MEETING AND CONFERENCE FACILITIES
More facilities at KokousNet.
Meeting and conference facilities are also rented out by most hotels in Tampere.