The Kalevankangas cemetery is one of the landmarks of Tampere. It was established in 1880, and it spans 17 hectares. The cemetery contains four memorial gardens: the old memorial garden, the new one in the northern section, the memorial garden for war veterans and their spouses, and the Hietakehto memorial garden for children. The cemetery also includes a place where the families of people buried elsewhere can remember their loved ones. It is located in the immediate vicinity of the chapel. Currently, Kalevankangas only grants new grave sites for urns.