There are so many great things in Tampere that it’s hard to choose just a few. There is always a lot to do and see here, but I especially enjoy the lake scenery. Lakes Pyhäjärvi and Näsijärvi are beautiful in all seasons. I enjoy photography and the lakes are always photogenic.
When I lived elsewhere, I learned to appreciate Tampere and it’s region in a whole other way. For example getting from one place to another by public transportation, bicycle or on foot is effortless in Tampere.
My top things in Tamprere are
- City parks and lake views. The magnificent Hatanpää Arboretum and its rose garden are a perfect place to spend sunny summer days with friends. Pyykkimettän puisto park in Pispala is a must destination for those looking for beautiful scenery. You should also head to the rocks at beaches at sunset, for example in Rauhaniemi or Kaupinoja.
- Pyhäjärvi route. The 30-kilometer cycling route around lake Pyhäjärvi. It is a part of the Lake Trails and a great way to see the lake in different angles. Along the route you can enjoy the hidden gems of the region, like atmospheric summer cafes and beautiful swimming spots.
- Tampere summer terraces. The city has a great variety or stunning terraces! They are located on the rooftops, in the central square, in the street corners, marketplaces… Tampere is a real promised city of terraces. My favorites are the terraces of Dam Bar and Pyynikki Brewhouse, the restaurant ships in Laukontori and Kesäkeidas summer terrace in the central square.
- Outdoor activities. On summer days, it’s nice to do something relaxing, like paddling or playing mini golf. Paddling gives you a whole new perspective to the city the lake scenery is relaxing for the mind. My favorite place for minigolf is the Koulukatu minigolf course.
- Atmosphere in the hockey games! The audience in the Nokia Arena creates a wonderful feeling to the new arena. The new arena hosts a lot of gigs, games, and other events. The venue is amazing and you can reach it easily with public transportation. It’s definitely worth the visit!