Pispala Church - Visit Tampere

Pispala Church

When the wooden church in Pispala burned down in 1968, a decision was made to build a new church as an extension to the parish hall, which was designed by Bertel Strömmer and completed in 1949. The interior of the Pispala Church is dominated by a medieval crucifix and an exquisitely carved pulpit that is emblazoned with the year 1660. Both items were previously used in the Harju chapel in 1639 –1858.

Pispalan valtatie 16, 33250 Tampere