The main church of the Messukylä Evangelical Lutheran parish was designed by architect Theodor Höijer and built in 1879. The redbrick church represents the neo-Gothic style typical of the era.
Messukylä church has been repaired and renovated several times. The unrest caused by the 1918 civil war damaged both churches in Messukylä. The latest renovation took place before the church’s 100th anniversary, providing the church with its blue roof.